Pages

Thursday 30 June 2016

I'm so happy that I turned 10 years old!

On the weekends, my dad, mum and I celebrated my 10th birthday. We had a cake and some filipino food like burger steak, fried chicken, and pancit which is a type of noodles and many more. We also decorated our house with party balloons with avengers prints on them.

First I placed ten candles on the cake  because my dad didn’t find a number 10 candle. Then my mum lit the candles for me to blow. My dad and mum sang happy birthday to me.  I felt a little bit shy because my mum took a video of me to show to my family in the Philippines.

Then my parents gave me a present which made me feel very happy. My dad gave me a PS4 game called Mad Max. It’s a game about a nuclear bomb that destroyed the whole country and it was all covered in sand but there was a good guy named Max. He punches bad guys and eats dog food and maggots because he cannot find any good food. He also has a car called the Interceptor. His car got taken and destroyed so he has to make another car that is better than the Interceptor. Cool! I also received a present from my mum. It’s a toy  cash register that has a scanner to scan all the grocery bar-codes and it has an eftpos facility so you can swipe your card if you do not have any cash with you. It comes with a mic and coins, notes and also a credit card.


I was so happy to receive these presents because they were the best.  I said, “Thank you mum and dad!” They said, “We love you Kyle!” I replied, “I love you too,mum and dad!”
Then we ate the cake and all the food that have been prepared by my parents. I had a slice of cake and chicken wings and fries with pepper from Nando’s.  The cake had a rainbow colour and when my dad cut it, my mum said, “I didn't know it had a rainbow inside, I thought it’s only on the outside it”. The food was all delicious! After eating, I played my Mad Max game.

My favourite part was receiving my presents because I was excited to open them and also when my mum and dad sang a happy birthday song to me.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and follow the structure of a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write the introduction, followed by the events and then the conclusion about my birthday celebration.

3 comments:

  1. You did well Kyle! Belated happy birthday! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday KYLE!WE Love You...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday KYLE! Tatay,Nanay and Tito Allan loves you...😊

    ReplyDelete