Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2016

It's scary when there's a spider!

On a sunny Sunday, my dad, mum and I went to the Zoo. We travelled in a car to get there and it only took us about 15 minutes because it was not far from where we live.

As soon as we got in, we bought tickets right away. Then, we looked around the toy store which had lots of stuff toys, bags and hats. We saw the biggest stuffed bear in the toy store, way bigger than myself. We didn’t buy anything because we wanted to explore the zoo first.

We went to see the wolverines first which was very cool! They have sharp claws and sharp teeth. Their colour is black and brown.  Their homes are the rocks and trees and they are also good climbers.  My dad took photos of the wolverines.

After that we went to see the tigers.  They also have sharp claws and sharp teeth.They have black stripes and brown skin. The tigers are very dangerous because they might attack when they sense danger. When we were there, the tigers were sleeping and one tiger was right next to the glass cage. My dad thought that it was a good opportunity for me to have a photo next to the sleeping tiger.
Image result for Zoo

Then we had lunch. I had a hot dog with mustard and ketchup. It was so yummy so I ate 2 hot dogs because I was also very hungry. After lunch, we went inside a dark cave which was just near the cafe. We saw giant spiders like Tarantula. They looked creepy because they are hairy. I felt scared when I saw  their  fangs because I know that when they bite, their poison can kill you.

Later on, we went back to the toy store because we've already seen enough. This time, I bought a hat and a stuff toy. The hat had a kiwi bird crossing the road. The stuff toy was a tiger with shiny eyes. I love my stuff toy and hat.

My favourite part was going to the tigers because they were near the glass so we could see them up close and they also looked cute when they are sleeping. Finally, we went home. I had lots of fun exploring the Zoo especially because it was my first time  to go there.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand the structure of a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do when when I write an introduction, followed by the events and a conclusion about going to the zoo.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you really enjoy your day at the zoo. Great story! 😊

    ReplyDelete