Pages

Friday 13 May 2016

Yay! We learnt how to play Netball!

On Friday the 6th of May, we played our first session of netball. We played on the top court. Our coaches’ names were Tina and Mark. They taught us important Netball skills.

We warmed up first by jogging to the other side of the court and back. After that, we stretched by doing some lunges. A lunge is when we put our right leg or left leg out in front of the other leg and lean forward to stretch the muscles. After that, we went around in a circle and shared what we would like to be when we grow up. I told my class that I want to be a basketball player. Then Mark said that he wants to be a basketball player as well.

Then we paired up and my partner was Kevin. After that, we folded our arms and tried to knock our partners off balance by bumping them. If they fell, they had to land on both feet.

Then we had to get into a group and I teamed up with Kevin and Xavier. One of us was the runner and we took turns throwing the balls to the runner. The runner threw the ball to the person that was diagonal to them and then runs to the other side. The activities were easy to do so I had a lot of fun.

Finally we had our warm down by stretching our arms and legs. After that, Tina asked us if we had a class name. We didn't and one of us called out ‘Rock Solid’. It was hilarious because it was actually a nice name for our class.

After that, we went back to our room. I had lots of fun playing netball because we played Netball with each other. I was really happy because I learnt the chest pass.

Learning Intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment