Pages

Thursday 8 September 2016

Hide and seek was so much fun!

On Sunday my friends and I went to YMCA to play basketball. We were all very excited to be able to play basketball again.


When we got there we paid the entrance fee then went straight to the basketball court. When we got there, the whole court looked spacious and it had two large basketball hoops on both sides of the court.  The were so high that I couldn't even reach it but I know that I can shoot the ball inside the hoops. We played soccer first before playing basketball. Our goal keeper told us to do penalty kicks. My friend was so good at blocking the ball.


Image result for YMCAAfter the soccer game, we rested for 6 minutes then we played basketball. First my big friend was doing a half court shot and he did it backwards.  Wow! That was impressive! We were amazed because we haven't seen anybody did that in real life. Then we practised our shooting, bouncing and dribbling skills.  I was doing well with my dribbling but not with my shooting.


Later on, we played hide and seek.  The seeker was one of my friends.
I hid upstairs and I looked in front of the big window to see if he was coming for me. I spotted him slowly walking towards my direction so I ran to the bathroom to hide there.  He came to the bathroom but he didn't see me. When he went out to seek the other people, I ran outside as well but I got caught.  I felt frightened when he tapped my shoulder because I was caught by surprise.  Then we finished playing hide and seek and went home.

I had lots of fun playing at YMCA. My favourite part was playing hide and seek because it was scary when you had to hide in dark place and then you get caught.
Learning Intention: We are learning to use the correct language features in our recounts.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I describe playing my basketball at YMCA using past tense verbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment